WOW Your Really Really Tall!!!


Yes, to state the obvious i am tall.

My name is Aimee-Leigh Rogers, i am 21 years old and 5ft 10inches tall.

My height has always been my biggest insecurity. Every time someone comments on my height, my heart drops to my feet and my confidence plummets. If i had a £1 for every time i have heard 'aww your so tall' or 'I would hate to be tall' i would be living it up large on a private island with a Corgi puppy and a pool assistant named Hugo.

My height really knocks my confidence as a women sometimes. I am told i shouldn't wear heels because i will be 'too tall' and that i shouldn't date a guy under 6ft tall because 'girls should always be shorter than their boyfriend'. As a women i do not feel attractive or sexy. For years i have crouched over when i walk to make myself appear shorter and only own two pairs of heels in the fear or towering over someone.

I have just got fed up with the comments on my height because on the wrong day, in the wrong mood i may sharply reply with a 'and your really short', When really all they are doing is paying my a compliment. It just sometimes feels like that's all people really see.

I would not even consider myself to be insanely tall. I don't feel like a giant, everything still looks normal slightly higher than 5ft 5. Yes i may look tall and noticeable in heels but what is so bad about that? I like heels. And being 5ft 10 allows me to wear maxi dresses without them dragging on the floor and jumpsuits fit my long legs perfectly. I can see the stage in crowds without standing on my tip toes and i can reach the last packet of double stuffed oreo's on the top shelf in asda without help.

Too many women these days knock each other down for what is not seen as the 'ideal'. If your not a size 6-8, 5ft 5, with a perfectly peachy bum and washboard abs with balyage hair and nude acrylic nails you are made to feel like your far from perfection. This is not the case. I truly believe it is our imperfections that makes us beautiful, Our differences allow us to be different. How boring would the world be if everyone resembled Kyle Jenner?

So here are my top five perfect imperfections that make me....me!

1. My Height, Yes i had to state this due to rambling on didn't i.

2. My Hips. I have big hips. Or as some would call them child bearing hips, Of course i would love smaller hips but that is never going to happen.

3. My Ears. I actually really like my ears, is that weird? I was born with a tiny birthmark on my ear i have never seen anyone else have except my auntie. Special right? Some may see this as an imperfection but i really like them.

4. My Skin. I don't have super clear skin and i do not claim too. Yes i have redness and some acne scars but nothing a bit of concealer wont cover,

5. My Cellulite. Yes i am not afraid to admit i have cellulite, most women do. I like cheese and when my legs start to resemble cottage cheese i am ok with that.

What are your perfect imperfections? What makes you...you?

2 comments on "WOW Your Really Really Tall!!!"
  1. Lovely post!! I fit in to the 'ideal' of what you described but I don't have men running to my feet or everyone wanting to be friends with me, very much the opposite! I couldn't care less whether someone was a giant of a dwarf if you have a nice personality that is all that matters! Xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/5-seo-tips-for-complete-beginners.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i 100% agree. Thankyou for your comment xxx

      Delete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...