Review | Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream




I am sure you beauty addicts are all very familiar with this 80’s classic delight that is Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream. I have seen this floating around the beauty community for year’s but at £26 for a 50ml product I resisted being frivolous with my hard earned penny’s. I was recently shopping in my local savers and I stumbled across this Eight Hour Duo for only £2.99 each for 30ml products. What a steal!!!




I picked up the Original Eight Hour Cream and the Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment (Nurses addiction to hand cream got the better of me). The original Eight Hour Cream is well known for it’s unique smell. Some love it, some hate it. Personally I am not too fussed on the scent as it is so strong but because the product is just so bloody brilliant i almost forget about the scent of it. You can also purchase a fragrance free version if that is something that suits your liking more. 

I use the Eight Hour Cream for everything; My Lips, Nose and dry areas such as elbows and cuticles. It really is a wonder product. It moisturises and repairs skin like no other moisturiser. I have not used any other lip balm since I have purchased this because nothing compares to the level of moisture is gives. I love applying to my lips just before I step outside in the cold as it fully protects my lips from the cold dry weather and leaves them feeling plumped and rejuvenated all day. I resembled Rudolph recently due to having a cold, I smoothed this cream around my nose and it took away all the redness and left my skin super soft and smooth. It also applied well over makeup on any dry patches and does not separate the makeup underneath.

It is the definition of an all in one product. It is an ultimate staple needed in any makeup bag. I have had this 30ml tube for a few months now, I use it every single say and I still have more than half the tube left. It just lasts forever. If you have a savers near you I would recommend popping and seeing if you can nab yourself a deal. 



I also purchased the mini Eight Hour Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment. Being a nurse I am quite familiar with having dry and painful hands due to washing them constantly and wearing latex gloves. Over the years I have tried numerous hand creams but I have yet to find a holy grail that actually works. I think I have finally found it! You only need a pea sized amount of this as a little goes a long way. It is a super thick hand cream that is non greasy and sinks into hands quickly. I have found it has really helped to leave my cuticles soft and moisturised. It does also have the same smell as the original Eight Hour Cream but the scent does not bother me at all on my hands.

These would be great little stocking stuffers for Christmas. At £2.99 each, they last such a long time and really deliver great results.

It’s absolutely worth every penny and I would 100% recommend anyone to try it out. Just smell this product first too see if the fragrance free option would be better for you.

How do you use Eight Hour Cream?




4 comments on "Review | Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream "
  1. Oh my goodness, what a steal! I can only imagine what the quality of this must be like at that price. I've not found a balm that works well for my lips yet; I'm hoping to come across this at such an insane price, haha!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you won't be disappointed with this product. Amazon also sell these 30ml bottles at around £4 if you don't have a savers near you :)

      Delete
  2. I love eight hour cream, and this was such a bargain! It's such an essential over winter, very few products I've found work better on dry skin :) x
    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...