Things I Would Tell My Teenage Self



Lets be honest, High School Sucks. I didn't have a great high school experience and i could not wait to leave and move onto College & University to really start living my own life. I wish these kind of video's and blog posts were around when i was in high school, because i feel i really would of benefited from them. 

When i was in high school, i thought that was my life forever. I would always be pushed aside, i would always be put down and i would always be unhappy with the way i look. This is not the case. If you are feeling like this keep telling yourself, things change, people change & this is just a hurdle in your life. If i could turn back the clock here are a few things i would tell myself.

1. You are your own worst critic. Only you is going to look in the mirror and see the 100 things you dont like about yourself and your body. No one else will see these. One of my biggest regrets is letting these things stop me from doing what i wanted to do. I am 5ft 9 inches tall and i hated my height throughout my whole childhood, although i am still not happy about  the comments such as 'wow, your tall' and 'i didnt expect you to be so tall' i have learnt to embrace it, hello long legs.

2. Don't be afraid to branch out and make new friends. I know when i was in school, there was alot of cliques and your friendship circles formed around who you sat next too in lessons or who was on your 'popularity level'. This doesn't necessarily mean this is a good thing. Branch out, speak to your peers and most importantly, spend your time with people you have things in common with. 

3. Follow your mums advice. Mum's have a sixth sense about things; i swear they do. As a teenager i always thought my mum was just trying to ruin my plans and make my life difficult, but really they do have your best interests at heart. I really wish i had known that. My mum is like my best friend and i think she knows me better than i know myself. 


4. Puberty is a good thing. Ok i'll be honest it isn't a walk in the park and it involves many storms but the outcome is often a summer's day (cheesy analogy for you there). I was always that girl at school that was always put down for my appearance, never noticed by any guys and i never felt good enough for anything or anyone. However, the summer before college started, i changed. Things changed. My body changed, my personality changed and my confidence grew. Things will all work out in the end. 

5. Do you. Focus on what you want and who you want to be. I think alot of us when we are teen's tend to focus on what everyone else is doing, wearing, going etc. It is very easy to follow the 'trends' and i was very guilty of this growing up. The summer after leaving school was the time in my life i really found myself, what i wanted and my goals in life. Moral of the story, dont be a sheep, be the sheepdog. 

6. Ignore peoples first reactions. Often when we do something new we fear how people will react to us and this can often stop us trying new things. If there is something you want to do, do it! People will adapt and accept how you are now. 


♥xo
1 comment on "Things I Would Tell My Teenage Self"



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...